Creative Careers Episode 8: Chrysanthe Tan
In this episode, host Kelly Kasle speaks with violinist, composer, and writer Chrysanthe Tan. They talk about how Chrysanthe overcame her insecurities about combining her interests and talents and how she has created a niche market for her work. She stresses to young musicians the importance of being yourself and how to make a social media plan that fits your personality and work.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Overcoming the awkward early years and finding clarity in her work
- Weighing the pros and cons of touring with Ariana Grande for a year (and how she made her final decision)
- Health tips for being on tour
- Why looking beyond your musical genre or close circle for mentors can be more beneficial
- How to become a Patreon artist (and if you even should)
Host - Kelly Kasle
Producers - Pedal Note Media
Music - Stories by Chrysanthe Tan: “Magic Lady” and “Between Stations”
You can find out more about Chrysanthe Tan at http://www.chrysanthetan.com.