Jeff Conner has performed in over 30 countries on 4 continents with his brass quintet, Boston Brass. Jeff talks about how they went from a college group playing small gigs around the Boston area to an internationally touring, full time ensemble.
Topics that Jeff touches on:
- How he got a powerful Boston businessman to financially support Boston Brass
- The importance of having mentors that inspire you
- Perseverance being a key to success
- Not being afraid of the word no
- Networking being a longterm process
- Why developing your own brand is essential
Jeff also talks about the book he wrote with John Laverty, The Porfolio Musician, in which they detail the careers of over 40 different musicians.
Want to help "keep the lights on" and make future episodes of TEM possible? Please visit our Patreon page to see how you can help! https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast