David Vining is a renowned teacher and performer in addition to being the founder of publishing company Mountain Peak Music.
He has faced many obstacles in his career, including having to overcome distonia as a professional trombone player, which gives him a unique perspective on the music business and life in general.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Finding a core customer base
- The advantages of "drilling down" to cater to a specific niche
- Not assuming different customer bases have the same needs
- How his battle with dystonia taught him to not always approach problems in a linear and traditional manner
- Creating an environmnet where people can create their own improvement rather than follow step-by-step instructions
- How critical communication skills are to all entrepreneurs
Want to help "keep the lights on" and make future episodes of TEM possible? Please visit our Patreon page to see how you can help! https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast