TEM110: Jazz-Pop Duo 23rd Hour on Treating Your Band Like a Startup, Pulling Off a Successful Album Launch and How to Rock an Email Campaign
23rd Hour is a jazz-pop duo comprised of Sherry-Lynn Lee and George Paolini.
What You'll Learn:
- How this unlikely pair met and ended up working together (Sherry-Lynn had the courage to ask)
- Why they ended up targeting the wine industry by using the #WineWednesday hashtag (and the many benefits that have come from it)
- How they treat their band as a startup
- How they pulled off a successful album release party at a venue and in a city they had never played in before
- The benefits of partnering with a local charity
- How to send a very successful email campaign with much higher than average open rates and click rates
- The importance of knowing your strengths, delegating and using deadlines when you are in a partnership
- How they managed to climb all the way to #10 on the iTunes Jazz Chart through a combination of a little good luck and a lot of calculated, specific actions
- How a physical guest book can be a great tool to getting people to sign up for your mailing list
TEM 19: Ron Davis
TEM 83: John Beder
The Mockingbird Foundation
Female Entrepreneur Musician
DIY Musician Podcast
Derek Sivers Blog
Seth Godin Blog
How to Make It in the New Music Business by Ari Herstand
Brassy Broadcast Podcast
Break the Business
Good to Great by Jim Collins
Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed, links to all books and websites referenced can be found at:
Don't miss the debut of the TEM Newsletter! Sign up to receive a free copy of 7 Lessons I Learned from the First 100 Episodes of TEM.
1. Help me get to my goal of $50 per episode on Patreon by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. Help me get to my goal of 50 ratings at iTunes (I'm one away!) by leaving a rating and review.
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz for Pedal Note Media