TEM137: How "Overnight Success” David Taylor Was Named to the 2018 Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe List by Working 70-Hour Weeks for Years
David Taylor is the CEO of Yorkshire Young Sinfonia and was recently named to the Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe list for 2018.
What You'll Learn:
- The hilarious story of how David came to find out he was named to the 2018 Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe list
- The genesis behind the youth orchestra he founded, Yorkshire Young Sinfonia, and the many ways it is different than any other youth orchestra in the world
- How it can be really hard to give up control of things as your business grows
- Why today is the greatest time in history to create anything
- David’s definition of branding and why it is so important for both organizations and individuals
- Why David uses the term relationship building instead of networking
- The Gary Vaynerchuk 51/49 Rule (and how he used this rule to get a local organization to give him enormous financial support)
- How to craft a pitch email that will actually get read
- David Taylor Music
- Yorkshire Young Sinfonia
- David's Socials (@dtaylormuso)
- David on the Creative Careers Podcast
- Networking As A Musician - An Introvert's Guide
- TwoSet Violin
Show notes for all episodes of TEM including topics discussed and links to all books and websites referenced can be found at:
1. Help me get to my goal of $50 per episode on Patreon (only $8 to go!) by pledging as little as $1 per episode to support the show: https://www.patreon.com/tempodcast.
2. My next iTunes goal is 100 ratings and 75 reviews. Take just a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes to help me get there. Thank you!
And finally, a huge thank you to Parker Mouthpieces for providing the hosting for TEM.
Produced by Andrew Hitz