The Pedal Note Media Podcast Network currently features three podcasts:
The Brass Junkies is hosted by the founders of Pedal Note Media, Andrew Hitz and Lance LaDuke. Each episode features an interview with an influential brass player from around the world. It is a sometimes serious and sometimes lighthearted look into the lives and careers of some of the best players in the world.
Previous guests have included:
- Joe Alessi (New York Philharmonic)
- Marty Hackleman (formerly of the Canadian Brass, Empire Brass, National Symphony Orchestra)
- Carol Jantsch (Philadelphia Orchestra)
- Ryan Anthony (Dallas Symphony and formerly of the Canadian Brass)
- JD Shaw (formerly of Boston Brass)
- Phil Munds (Baltimore Symphony)
- Rex Richardson (International Trumpet Soloist)
The latest podcast from Pedal Note Media is "The Entrepreneurial Musician with Andrew Hitz". What better way to highlight the skills a musician needs to thrive as an entrepreneur than by interviewing the most successful people in the business? The TEM Podcast features interviews with leading entrepreneurs from the music business about their successes, their failures, and the wisdom they've acquired along the way.
Previous guests have included:
- Patrick Sheridan
- Jeff Nelsen (former member of Canadian Brass)
- Dr. Tim Lautzenheiser
- Jeff Conner (Boston Brass)
- Ranaan Meyer (Time for Three)
- Gavin Chuck & Michael Clayville (Alarm Will Sound)
- Mike Nickens (The Green Machine)
- Alan Baylock (1 O'clock Lab Band at UNT)
- Brian Pertl (Dean of the Lawrence Conservatory)
- Jonathan Kuuskoski (Ass. Director of Entrepreneurship at the Univeristy of Michigan)
- David Vining (Mountain Peak Music)
- Jim Stephenson (Composer and Arranger)
We are pleased to announce a brand new podcast from our friends Jennifer Rosenfeld and Julia Torgovitskaya of iCadenza and Cadenza Artists! The Creative Careers Podcast features interviews with musicians, artists, entrepreneurs, and other creative professionals, exploring issues of what it means to create for a living, the challenge of managing your own time, and the opportunities that come from driving the direction of your career.
The first episode of this monthly podcast features an interview with co-founder of iCadenza and CEO of Cadenza Artists, Julia Torgovitskaya. Julia shares about how she stays creative in her fast-paced job and her strategies for constantly improving and growing.
Coming soon, Andrew and Lance will be offering a variety of in depth courses on a wide range of topics having to do with the field of music. Look for the first course from Pedal Note Media to be available later in 2018!
(Anyone signed up for the PNM Newsletter will be the first to hear about such offerings and be given early access!)
Also be sure to check out the latest recording from Pedal Note Media, the Brass Recording Project Volume 1: The Arrangements of JD Shaw, available now! And stay tuned for an announcement concerning the next volume of the series!
Pedal Note Media is a digital media company providing products and programs to educate, entertain and inspire music teachers, players and fans.